Proper before and after care are an integral part of your procedure. Not only will this ensure a more comfortable experience during your procedure, but will also allow for the best possible result.
BEFORE YOUR TREATMENT:
* Do not plan your procedure immediately before an event. You will need an appropriate amount of time to heal before you will be ready for an event such as professional photographs, sun exposure while on vacation, a special gala, wedding, or black tie event etc....
* Please feel free to wear your normal make-up to your appointment
* Avoid Retin-A and AHA skincare products for at least 2 weeks prior to appt.
* If you use Accutane you must be off for 1 year prior to procedure
* Do not tan or have a sunburned face
* Avoid Aspirin, Niacin, Vitamin E, or Ibuprofen 24 hours before procedure
* No alcohol for two days and caffeine on the day of procedure
* No waxing or tinting for at least 3 days prior to procedure
* Please do not apply your own numbing creams prior to appointment
* Wash your hands before touching or applying any product to area
* Apply healing balm provided with a cotton swab a few days after your procedure and only if necessary to avoid excessive dryness and scabbing
* Maintain facial hygiene and cleanse brows according to your aftercare instructions provided at your appt.
* You may use a moist clean cotton pad to gently go over eyebrow area
* Do not stand under shower head or get area completely wet
* Itching is normal....DO NOT PICK, PEEL OR RUB the eyebrow area
* Allow the area to flake on its own as this will preserve the tattoo
* Avoid sun exposure as much as possible afterwards
* Never lay in a tanning bed.....not only is it horrible for your skin but it will destroy the microbladed brow
WHAT TO EXPECT AFTER THE PROCEDURE
You may experience minor swelling, redness and tenderness immediately after procedure. This should last anywhere from a few hours up to a day or so. You should not require any down time and may resume regular activities the following day after your procedure, but avoid excessive sweating, swimming, saunas etc. Your tattoo will appear dark after the first day and gradually lighten as the tissue heals. As the normal flaking and peeling of the tattoo occurs it may appear to take some of the color with it......this is a normal part of the healing process. The tattoo will darken again as the month goes on. Please understand that microblading is a two part process and any inconsistencies will be addressed at your touch-up appointment. It is a good idea to purchase a 45+ SPF unscented chapstick to apply to the eyebrows after they are healed whenever you plan to be in the sun and just outside in general. Sun exposure will fade your tattoo and the SPF in the chapstick will keep them looking beautiful longer.
PREVIOUS PERMANENT MAKE-UP PROCEDURES OR EXCESSIVELY OILY SKIN MAY NEED A CONSULTATION BEFORE SCHEDULING AN APPOINTMENT. PLEASE CALL PRIOR TO SCHEDULING TO DISCUSS ANY SKIN CONDITION THAT YOU FEEL MAY CAUSE AN UNFAVORABLE RESULT.